WELCOME TO YEAR 2
Welcome to our Year 2 class page! We hope you enjoy taking a look at some of the amazing work we do in our class.
Welcome to Year 2
Miss Fives, Mrs Hamam and I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back to school and to Year 2! We hope you had a lovely summer break and the children are excited to start a new year of learning. I am delighted to be teaching Year 2 this year and cannot wait to get started.
During the Autumn Term we will be learning about; -
Year 2 have P.E on Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons this term so please ensure your child has their full P.E kit on these days.
- Maths - Place Value and Addition and Subtraction
- Writing - The Troll Swap by Leigh Hodgkinson and ‘The Owl Who Was Afraid Of The Dark’ by Jill Tomlinson
- Reading / Phonics - Continuing our phonics work from Year 1
- Science - Living Things and Their Habitats
- History - The Great Fire of London (Autumn 1)
- Geography - The UK and London (Autumn 2)
- Art - Creating artwork linked to the Great Fire of London and Observational Drawings
- Music - South African music
- R.E - 'Good News', 'God' and ‘Christian Communities’
- PSHE - Being Me in My World and Celebrating Differences
- Computing - Online Safety
- P.E - Improving our co-ordination and balance
Homework will be set on a Monday and due by the following Monday. If you wish to hand homework in before Monday's then there is a box at the classroom door where homework can be placed.
If there is anything you would like to discuss, please don't hesitate to speak with me at the end of the school day or send a message via Class Dojo.
Our children had a great trip to Foxhowl. We stayed overnight for 1 night and enjoyed building dens, making art work, making fairy houses, stream walking, hunting for the Gruffalo and having lots of fun! The children wanted to stay longer :)